All Parents of HT Heat Players are required to comply with the Basketball Victoria Code of Conduct for Parents.
Code of conduct for Parents
- Encourage your children to participate for their own interest and enjoyment, not yours
- Encourage children to always play by the rules
- Teach children that an honest effort is always as important as victory
- Focus on developing skills and playing the game. Reduce the emphasis on winning
- A child learns best by example. Applaud good play by all teams
- Do not criticise your or others’ children in front of others
- Accept decisions of all referees as being fair and called to the best of their ability
- Set a good example by your own conduct, behaviour and appearance
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators
- Keep children in your care under control
- Always respect the use of facilities and equipment provided
Please also remember to ensure that you get your child to the games and training 15 minutes before the game or the start of training – as this allows the child time to warm up beforehand – and also for the coach to give them a debrief and appropriately prepare.
Also please ensure you collect your child promptly after training times – it is NOT the responsibility for the coach or other parents to look after your child after the allocated training time. Please collect children of primary school age directly from the training venue – this is for the safety on your child. We appreciate your co-operation and understanding.