Basketball training continues this week. A training roster is attached but due to capacity issues two teams will unfortunately not be allocated a time for this week but will be added ongoing. Your assistance in being flexible to make this a great experience for our kids is appreciated.
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines every player must bring the following to their allocated session:
1. Water bottle
There is a further list of conditions for entry listed below. Please note that you will be required to scan a QR code upon entry so please bring a phone for this purpose. There will be a biosafety officer at the entrance coordinating traffic flow but please be patient as there will likely be delays.
Each player can only be accompanied by one spectator.
I look forward to welcoming you all back to Huntingtower Heat basketball club!
HT Heat MEBA Representative
Nunawading Basketball is fully committed to providing a safe environment for all members and all patrons will play a vital role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 through the promotion and practicing of good hygiene while ensuring adherence to Government requirements. As we reactivate basketball we all must ensure that we are doing the right thing at all times to protect the safety of staff, volunteers, players, officials and the wider community. It is important for Basketball Associations and Clubs to lead and promote a strong culture of COVID-19 safety for the health and wellbeing of participants and the broader community as any breaches could have ramifications for members of the community and the continuation of community sport. Nunawading Basketball will have 2 BioSafety Officers (wearing Hi-Vis vest) on duty whilst the Nunawading Basketball Centre is open. We ask that all patrons remain polite, listen to and obey BioSafety Officers when utilising the facility.
In addition to the guidelines provided by the Victorian Government, DHHS, Whitehorse Council and Basketball Victoria, we ask all staff, volunteers, participants, coaches, officials and spectators to abide by the following protocols:
Stay home if you are unwell. Especially if you have a fever, are coughing, feeling fatigued, have shortness of breath or a sore throat.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled time and if you do, please stay in your car
- All patrons must enter and exit via the correct doors only to limit crossover of groups/sessions
- Entry Doors will be closed for the session from 5 minutes after the start time of the session
- Entry will not be permitted until all patrons have left the stadium and sanitising has been completed
- All attendees must ‘sign-in’ using the QR code and you will need to show the BSO that you have ‘checked-in’
- All patrons must make their way directly to their allocated court and not linger in walkways etc.
- All patrons must leave the venue within 5 minutes of their session concluding
- All patrons must sanitise their hands when they enter the venue
- Sanitiser will also be provided throughout the venue and on score benches
- All Spectators must wear a face mask at all times whilst in the venue
- Players, Officials and Coaches are not required to wear a mask
- Children under 12 will not be required to wear a mask as per Government advice
- All players must bring their own basketball and sanitize it with a wipe when they enter the venue
- All patrons are asked to limit the touching of surfaces unnecessarily
- All patrons must stay 1.5m apart (except players when on court)
- High-Fives, Shaking of hands etc. should still be avoided
- Patrons are not to congregate in groups within the venue
Venue & Capacity
- Nunawading Basketball shall adhere to the venue capacity restrictions as advised by the Government and BV as updated from time to time
- Players are advised to bring their own drink bottles as the canteen will not be open and water fountains have been removed
- The toilets at the end of Court 1 and Court 4 are open for public use
- No other rooms within the venue will be accessible to the public
- Score benches will be sanitised in between each session
- Vending machines will be sanitised in between each session
- Patrons are asked not to bring food into the venue until further notice
- Players are to bring their own drink bottles as the water fountains have been removed
- High touch surfaces will be sanitised in between each session
- In addition to the cleaning by BSO’s, the entire venue will be cleaned thoroughly each day
Finally, if you or someone close to you are suspected or confirmed as a positive case you must notify Nunawading Basketball immediately.
Training Schedule SATURDAY 19TH of DECEMBER